Application Package by March1st NLN-pre RN exam score by April 1st
The following documents are to be submitted in a single envelope by March 1st:
(1) Completed application along with a non-refundable application fee of $50; check or money order payable to Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing.
(2) An essay, which describes the life experiences that have influenced your choice of nursing as a career and the personal qualities you possess that may contribute to success in nursing.
(3) Official high school transcript and/or documentation of GED. If the high school has a policy and will not send official transcripts to the student, please request that it be sent directly to Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing, Attention: Admissions.
(4) Official college transcript(s) in a sealed envelope. If the college has a policy and will not send official transcripts to the student, please request that it be sent directly to Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing, Attention: Admissions.
(5) Two professional references (e.g., from employees, teachers/instructors, volunteer positions, etc.)
Alll applications must be submitted in hard copy and sent to:
Chairperson Admissions Committee Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing 776 Sixth Avenue, 4th Floor New York, New York 10001
It is your responsibility to ensure that the School has received all pertinent documents and that your application is complete by April 1st. Please contact the Admissions Office at (212) 614-6114 to verify the status of the application and the receipt of documents.
The Admission Committee will evaluate the documents above, along with NLN scores, to determine eligibility. Eligible candidates for admission will be scheduled for personal interviews. Discussion topics may include the applicants educational and career goals, a review of the academic requirements and an assessment of interpersonal and communication skills. Motivation and understanding of nursing to determine capability of achieving program outcomes will also be addressed.
Note: All materials in student portfolios are the property of the School and will not be returned. Portfolios are retained for a period of two years.